Acceleprise is a B2B SaaS focused accelerator, seed fund and corporate innovation partner with offices in NYC, SF and Toronto. Over the last 5.5 years, Acceleprise has invested in 150+ companies that have gone on to raise $225M+ in follow on funding from funds like NEA, Menlo Ventures, True Ventures, Founders Fund, SV Angel, Salesforce Ventures and many more.
Our current Managing Director in San Francisco is transitioning over to something new we are working on and we are bringing in a new MD to run our San Francisco accelerator program. We run two cohorts per year per location. The programs run from January - May and again from July - October.
This is an amazing chance to join a rapidly growing organization, have a high amount of autonomy, room to be entrepreneurial, a pool of capital to invest and the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and work closely with 15-20 new pre-seed SaaS companies per year.
Let’s get into the role: This person will manage a portion of our accelerator fund, investing in pre-seed SaaS companies, and work as a very close advisor to those companies while they go through the accelerator program. This person will come into a top ranked accelerator with the infrastructure and resources that provide turnkey operations and drives deal flow. In addition to running the SF accelerator, this person will be a key member of the investment committee for our new seed fund.
Your Title: Managing Director - San Francisco
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing plan tied to revenue from sponsorships and corporate innovation partnerships
- Carried interest in both our accelerator fund and seed fund
The top priorities of this role will include:
- Sourcing - while we have a marketing team that drives inbound applications and a central sourcing team that identifies companies to outbound to, reviews applications and takes most of the first calls with companies before surfacing to MD’s, the MD’s are still expected to source companies through their network and their own personal efforts
- Investment Decisions & Winning Deals - This person will be integrally involved in selecting the companies we ultimately invest in for each SF program. Often the best companies have options, so “winning” the deal is an important step in the process. This requires building rapport with the founders, demonstrating our value as a fund and your value as an MD throughout the process and establishing credibility.
- Overall Founder Experience - This person will meet weekly with each company in the program and will act as an extension of the founding team, adding value across key aspects of the business, most importantly helping with go to market and fundraising. They will also ensure each company is leveraging the entirety of the Acceleprise network for customer introductions and introductions to the appropriate mentors based on the company’s area of need. It is a high priority that the founders walk away with an amazing experience and that is tied heavily to their relationship with the MD.
- Getting your companies funded post program - Acceleprise is often the first check in or a very early check in; and most companies come into the program with the goals of growing revenue and eventually raising more capital. This person is expected to build relationships with partners at VC firms in the Bay Area, work closely with the founders in the program to prepare them for fundraising meetings and then make introductions when appropriate.
This person should have:
- Experience as a founder or early hire at a SaaS company, ideally in some go to market function (ie. sales, marketing, demand gen, BD, strategy, etc)
- Familiarity with venture capital and ideally some exposure to fundraising conversations on either the company or investor side
- Experience formally or informally advising early stage SaaS companies in some capacity
- A robust network of operators and investors
- A strong and demonstrated interest in the startup ecosystem
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- High integrity, a strong work ethic and takes a lot of pride in their work
Acceleprise recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status' as required by applicable law.
Acceleprise’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, equity and inclusion is is more than a commitment- it is the foundation of what we do. And thus we strongly encourage people from ALL backgrounds to apply to this position